The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols


The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols

Summary:  
Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken.  

Then Addison pressures Gemma to join the date with one of Max’s friends. But the more time they all spend together, the harder Gemma falls for Max. She can’t help thinking that Max likes her back—it’s just too bad he’s already dating Addison. How can Gemma get the guy she wants without going after her best friend’s boyfriend?

Review:  
Have you ever read books from one specific author because you know that no matter what they'll never disappoint and you love every single one of their books? That's what it's like for me with Jennifer Echols. She has a way of really connecting with her reader and making you so engrossed with the story you never want it to end.

Gemma is a character that I believe we all can relate to. What girl hasn't been in a constant war with their weight and constantly feeling like you're not good enough?And not to mention her "best friend"Addison who's sole purpose is to make sure Gemma is always 2nd best. I couldn't stand Addison, she reminds me too much of how girls are nowadays in high school and I kept hoping that Gemma would just tell her off and finally set her in her place. 

I was a bit worried about how she would explain the whole "I like my best friend's boyfriend" thing but she made everything smooth and I didn't doubt Gemma's reasoning or choices throughout the whole book. That's one of the reasons I truly enjoyed this book. I loved that for once I wasn't getting annoyed with the main character/screaming at the book/regretting ever reading the book. 

Besides talking about weight this book also brings up bullying, something that has become a national problem. All the characters in the story have had an experience with bullying, even Addison. Gemma is the character that got bullied the most and I love that we get to go through that journey with her and watch her finally stand up for herself. 

The One That I Want is another hit for Jennifer Echols and I can't wait to read her next books Such a Rush and her new adult book. I recommend this book to everyone who loves reading a book that simple, perfect and leaves you with a smile on your face.